Friday, February 14, 2020

Drama!



Drama is one of my favorite genres and will be my portfolio project genre! There are various types of dramas that make it a broad genre, aka why it is my favorite! Although this is true, there are certain conventions that Dramas usually follow, for example having a relatable character and having the character go through ups and downs. One of my favorite movies, Lady Bird (Greta Gerwig) is a drama that constantly uses this technique. Such as showing the main character Christine go through a teenage realistic part of her life, as well as showing economic issues that the character and her mother face. This shows relatability to most audience members, who consist of young-old viewers, mainly middle-class and female. Additionally, Drama's use a lot of coloring techniques that represent/symbolize something. Typically a color palette of cool hues such as blues, purples and neutral colors such as brown or beige, are used to represent the main character. I would really love to use drama as my project genre because it is a beautiful category that includes various conventions and can be used for many ideas.

Lady Bird (2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment